System Requirements zzz...
- Can be installed on any computer, laptop, netbook or tablet with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 (desktop mode) or Windows 10.
- Memory (RAM): 1GB+ Recommended. (Most modern computers will have this!)
- Supported languages: English (UK), German
- Supported keyboard layouts: UK/Irish, US and German
Product > Features
Grapevine Computer Access is the ultimate computer-access tool for people who encounter difficulties using a standard keyboard and mouse. It consists of four main parts:
- On-Screen Keyboard with an emphasis on easy and efficient typing.
- Full Mouse Control. Do everything that a mouse can do using, for example, just one single button/switch.
- Shortcuts that allow everything from turning up your computer's volume to browsing the web.
- Speech Output. Grapevine can read aloud what you type or read text you select from other applications.
Features ListEasy & Efficient Typing
- Word-Prediction and Next-Word-Prediction that learns and prioritizes the words you use most commonly.
- Add your own words and phrases that can be accessed instantly while typing.
- Range of keyboard layouts and styles available to suit all requirements.
- Navigate and select text with ease.
- 'Snap' Keyboard specifically designed for joystick or roller mouse.
- Simulate pressing any key or combination of keys that is available on a standard keyboard (and lots more).
- Includes all special characters required for Irish, French, Spanish, German, Italian and more. Screenshot.
- Perform all mouse operations quickly and efficiently.
- "Easy Clicks" feature is for people who can use a mouse or pointing device but have difficulty with clicks (e.g. left-click, right-click, double-click, click-and-drag).
- For people using switch access (scanning), there are 3 modes available to move the mouse pointer on the screen (grid, cross-hairs and row/column selection).
- Store your most recent and most popular mouse clicks so that you can quickly perform them again.
- The shortcut pages allow you to use popular applications quickly and easily.
- Accessing the internet - This shortcuts page helps you navigate web pages efficiently, save and re-open your favourite links, manage tabs, etc.
- Microsoft Word (and similar applications) – This shortcuts page allows you to modify font, size, colour and perform all common document-formatting tasks quickly and easily.
- Plus lots more! New shortcut pages can be added by request.
- Grapevine works with any modern ('SAPI5') voice to produce clear and natural-sounding speech.
- Grapevine can use the free voice that comes with Windows or a wide range of free or commercially available voices designed based on language, accent, gender, age (e.g. "English, Australian accent, male, child").
- For high quality and affordable voices, check out Acapela, Ivona, Nuance, AT&T, Cereproc and Cepstral. Most of these will have an online demo where you can listen to samples. Many also have a 30-day free trial option.
- Switch between open applications (or desktop). Helpful previews are shown as you select.
- Move, resize, minimise and maximise windows.
- The 'Auto-fit' feature automatically arranges Grapevine Computer Access's window and other windows for you.
- Grapevine Computer Access can be resized to take up as much or as little space as you like depending on your eyesight and the amount of screen space available.
- Grapevine Computer Access will always stay on top of other applications, allowing you to have complete control and access at all times. When not needed, it can be ‘minimised’.