System Requirements zzz...
- Can be installed on any computer, laptop, netbook or tablet with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 (desktop mode) or Windows 10.
- Memory (RAM): 1GB+ Recommended. (Most modern computers will have this!)
- Supported languages: English (UK), German
- Supported keyboard layouts: UK/Irish, US and German
Product > Summary
What is Grapevine Computer Access?
Grapevine Computer Access is a high-quality software application that provides full access to all applications on a Windows computer, laptop or tablet, without the need for a standard keyboard or mouse.
For people with limited or no use of their hands, Grapevine facilitates activities like web browsing, social media, email, document-creation and lots more. Broadly speaking, Grapevine can be operated in two ways:
- Using a mouse, joystick, trackball, touchscreen, head mouse or eye-gaze.
- By 'scanning' with one or more switches.
Grapevine empowers people to achieve their goals in employment, education and personal life by opening up a world of communication, productivity, social inclusion and most importantly, independence.
What can Grapevine Computer Access do? More Info
- Easy & Efficient Typing
- Full Keyboard Control (Emulation)
- Full Mouse Control (Emulation)
- Speech Output
- Shortcut Pages for Common Applications
- Manage Open Applications with Ease
- Resizable, ‘Stay-on-Top’ Keyboard
- Range of Colour Schemes Available
How can I use it? More Info
- Mouse or any Pointing Device
- Scanning (using Buttons or Switches)
- Combinations of Switch and Pointing Device
Pointing Device examples - Joystick, touchscreen, roller mouse, head mouse, eye-tracking device.
Scanning is a method of computer access that allows a wide range of tasks to be performed using a very limited number of switches or buttons.
For example, using a head mouse to move to an item in Grapevine, then a blink ‘switch’ to select it.
Is Grapevine Computer Access for Me?
Grapevine is designed for adults or children with physical disabilities which prevent them from accessing the full range of features on a computer. It is particularly useful for people who are unable to use a standard computer keyboard or mouse effectively.
Grapevine can benefit people with a wide range of conditions which affect motor skills, including:
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Motor Neurone Disease (MND, ALS, Lou Gehrig's Disease)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)